“I’m sorry, we’ve sold out.”
The absolute WORST five words to hear on a fun day out at The Easter Show. Panic no more my friend, we’ve got you covered with our insider’s guide - The now not-so-secret guide to getting the showbag you just MUST have.
It’s quite simple:
1. Get informed. There is a bunch of places you can browse the range of showbags on offer. The Showbag Hall is a busy and overwhelming place, we recommend you pick yours before you visit so you can make a swift purchase and get back to the Ferris Wheel:
• The Easter Show Showguide comes out in The Daily Telegraph before the show starts.
• The Easter Show website (eastershow.com.au) has a showbags page with the full range on offer
• Browse the showbags on chicaneshowbags.com.au, we have special offers and behind-the-scenes showbags news for the ultimate showbag fans.
2. Come early in the day. Showbag operators stock up their stands daily but only a certain amount can fit in, therefore on those big days (we’re looking at you Good Friday!), we may run out if you wait until you’re heading home! Showbag Pavilion opens at 9.30am everyday.
3. Come early in the show. If you wait until the last day or two before the Easter Show wraps up, chances are the showbag you had your eye on is going to be SOLD OUT.
4. Get a locker. Arrive early in the day, grab a locker and buy all the showbags your heart desires. Then throw them in the locker so you have your hands free for things like Fairy Floss or patting cute baby animals. Don’t forget to pick them up before you leave! See more locker details here.
5. Know where to go. The Showbag Pavilion is next to the Coca-Cola Carnival and near the Carnival Entry end on Australia Avenue. Make sure you find out which Showbag Stand the showbags are retailing, there are many!!
Sign up to our emails for access to prizes, insider tips and exclusive access to Showbag must-know news.
Get a little social
Follow us for access to exclusive offers, competitions and behind the scenes access to the wonderful world of Showbags.