Bertie Beetle Baking Competition 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition. All other information provided prior to entering the Competition, including any instructions on how to enter the Competition, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
HOW TO ENTER
1. To enter, eligible individuals must post a photo of their entry to Instagram or Facebook and tag @bertiebeetleshowbags and use the hashtag #bertiebakingcomp. There are 3 categories - Best in show, biggest fail and kids.
2. The winner of the Best in Show category receives a 10kg carton of Bertie Beetle, the Biggest Fail and Kids category winner will receive a Bertie Beetle Diamond Deal Showbag and a $100 Showbag Shop voucher.
Who Can Enter
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia with a valid Facebook or Instagram account. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
5. Multiple entries are accepted as long as the entrant has met all the entry criteria on each submission
6. The Entrant confirms and warrants that they have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnifies the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
How to Win
7. The Competition commences on Tuesday 23rd June 2020 and closes at midnight AEST on 30th July 2020 (the “Competition Period”).
8. At the conclusion of the Competition Period, one entry will be selected as the winner of the Competition. The entries will be pooled and the winner will be selected at random.
9. The Winner shall be notified via facebook or instagram, followed by a confirmation email where possible.
10. The Winner will receive the Prize as set out at clause 3 above.
11. The total retail value of the Best in show prize is approximately AUD$250, the Kids and Biggest Fail prize is valued at $120.
12. The Prize must be taken as stated and is not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
13. If a Winner is not contactable or the Prize is not claimed by the Winner prior to 30th September 2020, the Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to reselect an alternative Winner as necessary to distribute the Prize/s subject to any directions given by the relevant authority.
14. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a gift to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Release for Promotional Activities
16. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook and Instagram from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
Exclusion of Liability
17. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
18. Any cost associated with accessing Facebook or Instagram is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of a Prize.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
21. We will only use and store your personal information for the purposes disclosed to you, including sharing it with any other organisation that helps us provide goods or services to you (eg: delivery the prize to you) in addition to purposes stated in section 16.
22. The Promoter is Chicane Marketing ABN 59 920 413 890, having its registered office Building 5, 190 Bourke Road Alexandria NSW 2015 and Phone 02 8332 4900.
23. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia where the competition is based.
Sign up to our emails for access to prizes, insider tips and exclusive access to Showbag must-know news.
Get a little social
Follow us for access to exclusive offers, competitions and behind the scenes access to the wonderful world of Showbags.