Here are some sure-fire ways to get the most out of your Ekka! Don’t worry – we have only listed what is on EVERYDAY so it doesn't matter what day you go!
There are so many beautiful displays of the creative genius of QLD! Take a look at our pick.
- PHOTOGRAPHY DISPLAY: Talented photographers from all over QLD have entered their winning shots for us to enjoy. 9:00-19:00. Lower Royal ICC.
- PAINTING & DRAWING DISPLAY: Feast your eyes on a stunning display by artists from across the state. Be inspired and enter your work next year! 9:00-19:00. Lower Royal ICC.
- MULITCULTURAL PLAZA: Experience a diverse curation of music from around the world presented by Multicultural Queensland Month. 10:00-21:00. Multicultural Music Stage
Grab your kiddies and get ready for some great family fun around the Ekka.
- RACQ ANIMAL NURSERY: Get up close to the cute and the cuddly animal friends! 9:00-17:00. RACQ Animal Nursery
- LITTLE BACKYARD FARMERS: This is an interactive, hands on experience for the littler urban famers. 9:00-17:30. The Old Museum.
- FIELD TO FORK: Educating kids on how their food makes it to their plate. 9:00-18:00. Agricultural Hall.
We’ve got the child-free peeps covered with some grown up fun at The Ekka.
- EXTREME RIDES: Get that adrenaline high with the Beast, Freak Out and Speed 2. 9:00-21:00. Sideshow Alley.
- KING STREET FEAST: This is just the best place to eat in our opinion. 9:00-21:00. King Street.
- FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR: They just keep getting better every year! 19:25-20:00. Main Arena.
- DRAG QUEEN BINGO: Yas Qween! If you happen to be at Ekka on the 15th August. Don’t miss it. 20:30-21:30. XXXX Stockmen’s Bar & Grill.
We adore seeing loved up couples spoiling each other with excessive sugar hits and all the Showbags!! Here’s our Lover’s Guide to the Ekka.
- DODGEM CARS: Guaranteed to bring the LOLs! 9:00-21:00. Sideshow Alley.
- DRAGON CASTLE (NEW): Is your date a little frightened?… cute! 9:00-21:00. Sideshow Alley.
- KING STREET FEAST: All the best eateries to chill and share a meal. 9:00-21:00. Main Arena.
- FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR: Always an epic display and super romantic to gaze at the lit up sky together. 19:25-20:00. King Street
- ICONIC EKKA STRAWBERRY SUNDAE: Dessert for a cause – you can’t say no to that! 9:00-21:00. Woolworths Food Pavilion
The Royal Queensland Show (The Ekka) is on from 9 - 18 August at the Royal Brisbane Showgrounds in Bowen Hills.
Sign up to our emails for access to prizes, insider tips and exclusive access to Showbag must-know news.
Get a little social
Follow us for access to exclusive offers, competitions and behind the scenes access to the wonderful world of Showbags.